Seven partygoers die, two in coma after drinking antiseptic hand wash when alcohol ran out - News

Seven partygoers die, two in coma after drinking antiseptic hand wash when alcohol ran out - News
22/November/2020
Seven people have died after drinking hand sanitiser when alcohol ran out at a party in Russia.
The first three victims were a 41-year-old woman and two men aged 27 and 59. Six others were flown by a medical evacuation aircraft to regional capital Yakutsk..

The regional state prosecutor said: 'The poisoning took place as a result of drinking sanitiser.'
Partygoers drank the sanitiser - 69 per cent methanol - which had been sold as a hand cleanser during the coronavirus pandemic.

Health officials warned locals not to drink the Russian-made antiseptic.
A criminal case has been opened.. dailymail.co.uk